Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Jake Butcher Mansion in Clinton, TN

Jake Butcher Mansion sales brochure from 1984.
The Jake Butcher mansion in Clinton, TN captured my imagination when I was 4 years old. I fell under its spell the first time I saw it, looming large on the hill surveying the river and valley below. Once I turned 16 and had my driver's license I drove by the mansion every day just to catch a glimpse of "the good life."

I'm 41-years-old now and the estate is up for sale.

On Monday, April 23rd, 2012 at 10 am, I presented my offer to the bank that owns the Jake Butcher Mansion.

Now I wait.

4 comments:

  1. I so remember looking across the river thinking that it was fantastic. I remember also when the Butcher family controlled S&L also failed

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scene is pretty overgrown now. I was surprised by how little you can see of the house from the marina. The picture above is how it once was (the brochure dated sometime around 1984). But now all you can see from the marina is the red metal roof peaking out from the trees. From the Butcher Mansion itself, you can see a glimpse of the river -- if you're standing on the second floor facing south-west. The regatta was taking place the weekend I was there and you couldn't see a thing. But, you could hear it loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did the bank accept your offer back in '12?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete