Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jake Butcher Mansion Update for August 2, 2012

WOW! 1,700 views on my humble little Jake Butcher Mansion blog. Haven't heard any activity on the place as of yet. I checked online today with the bank that owns the property, Commercial Bank in Harrogate, TN - Whirlwind is still for sale at a ridiculous $1.2 million.

On December 27th the tax man cometh with another $10,800 or more. How much fun for Commerical Bank getting bills month after month: utilities, maintenance, increasing deterioration and repairs just to show the property. tsk tsk tsk.

It's been 3 months since I made my offer to Commercial Bank in Farragut and, just in case they're reading this, (hi there) my offer stands. Commercial Bank: ring me up, start a conversation, let's get involved. As far as I'm concerned, negotiations are still open.

People may view me crazy to continue interest in Whirlwind but I have my reasons and there is a purpose.

The Knoxville MLS has not changed the listing on the Butcher Mansion. Same Realtor, same price, same write-up, same photos. Same ol', same ol' I guess.

According to my back-end statistics, the majority of people viewing this site are coming from a Windows based system, using Internet Explorer followed by Safari. Iphone users log in after Windows users but only make up 6% of my viewers.

I always love to see what keywords bring people in and who's looking at the site. Don't worry, I can't see who you are, but I can see if you're coming from a company, like Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace - who happens to have the listing on the Butcher Mansion. I also find it entertaining to see attorney offices with 5 or 6 names behind them logging in. It makes me feel like someone's tattling and folks are checking in to see if I'm behaving. I am.

My peeps in the United States represent most of my readers but I'd like to give a big shout out to Latvia who comes in a close second for most views. Holla! Who knew?!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just drove up to the gates today. I've been enthralled by the story for years as well and have seen it from the road below a million times. Today I chose to drive through and the sadness you described is palpable throughout the neighborhood. I wanted to park and walk up to the mansion but felt ill at ease to do so. Someone needs to put that place out of its misery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad went to high school with the Butchers as a retired USAF pilot he was offed a job by Jake just as it all fell apart . Some of my TN relatives lost money.
    I Live and grew up in Orlando but when saw Whirlwind at age 16 I was in awe, to this day I haven't been struck by a property that way and I'm real estate. All this talk of mold and disrepair seem really unimportant. The property was ruined forever when they built houses around it. Which by the way they did to my Grandmothers Emory Rd. farm after she died. No offense Tennessee ans, I love Tennessee. but I don't understand a lot I see up there.
    All this talk of high maintenance? I have clients. Winter Park FL who pay 20k per year for utilities in a 7000 ft house , not to mention 35k per year in property tax.
    Surely this house could have been sold before it was ruined had it been marketed correctly.Anyway I sadly have to agree put it out of its misery,here in Florida they wouldn't think twice about it.

    ReplyDelete